Each academic year is divided into two semesters of fifteen weeks:
• autumn semester - from September till the end of January
• spring semester - from February till June
Each term follows the exam session. Examinations are held in February and in June.
• a longer period of holidays at Christmas time
• one or two weeks of an interterm break in February
• a shorter break at Easter Fest
• public holidays: All Saints` Day - 1 November, Independence Day - 11 November, New Year`s Day - 1 January, Labour Day - 1 May, Constitution Day - 3 May